Safety Protocols for Mass
The following Diocese recommended pandemic protocols for Mass are in effect at this time:
- If you are in a high-risk age group, in poor or declining health, have any illness symptoms, have been sick, or think you may have been exposed to illness, it is recommended that you not attend Mass at this time. Your Mass obligation continues to be temporarily excused by the Bishop if you are in this group.
- Every other row in the Nave has been removed to help people maintain the recommended social distancing. Families may sit together but it is recommended that spacing be maintained between unrelated individuals and family groups.
- You may wear a mask, at your discretion, if you wish to do so.
- Those disposed to receive Holy Communion may approach individually or in family groups. Individuals and family groups can line up approximately 6 feet apart in the center aisle. If you wear a mask, please lower it prior to approaching.
- The Celebrant will be wearing a mask during Holy Communion and will purify his fingers between individuals and family groups.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Narthex and restroom areas for use at your discretion.
Thank you for your attention to this.